STATE OF COLORADO invites applications for the position of: Intern, Minority Business Office (Paid).
This announcement is not governed by the selection processes of the classified personnel system. Applications will be considered from residents and non-residents of Colorado.
CLASS TITLE: NON-CLASSIFIED
LOCATION: Denver Metro, Colorado
PRIMARY PHYSICAL WORK ADDRESS: 1600 Broadway, Denver, CO
SALARY: $12.00 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 03/08/19
CLOSING DATE: 03/22/19 11:59 PM
JOB TYPE: Temporary Part Time (9 mos or less)
The Office of Economic Development and International Trade (“OEDIT”) was created to foster a positive business climate that encourages quality economic development through the support of local and regional economic development activities throughout the State of Colorado. A comprehensive slate of programs within OEDIT’s divisions work together to offer economic development services for all Colorado businesses – new and expanding, traditional and emerging, small and large – including retention programs to ensure continued competitiveness of Colorado’s economic base, and job training to keep Colorado’s workforce the best in the nation.
The mission of the Minority Business Office (MBO) is to identify and support growth and development opportunities for small, minority, women, and veteran-owned business enterprises (M/WBE) in the State of Colorado.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
We’re currently seeking an Intern to join MBO. This position will be a minimum of 20 hrs per week (work schedule is negotiable) and may last up to 6 months based on project needs.
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for managing the administrative functions of the Minority Business Office. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the MBO staff and consultants on operations and communications, monitoring, reporting, and creating evaluation tools for programs. The MBO Intern will serve as the initial point of contact for general inquiries and requests to MBO. In addition, the MBO Intern will support the MBO Director and MBO Program Coordinator in event management, website management, and other duties as assigned. This position will be a minimum of 20 hrs per week (schedule negotiable) and may last up to 6 months based on project needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the MBO division including data entry and other assigned tasks
- Coordinate, update, and delegate the process for the MBO website sections, including but not limited to: events, contract opportunities, business directory, funding opportunities
- Maintain an active database of the minority, women, and veteran-owned businesses
- Create progress reports on a regular basis related to directory registration, separated out by business name, industry, location, and other pertinent data.
- Coordinate content with marketing contractor for E-newsletter, Social Media updates, collect and edit client success stories, and other client communications as needed.
- Respond to general inquiries and messages via phone and email in a timely manner.
- Coordinate response and consulting assignments with Program Coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS, CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & APPEAL RIGHTS:
- Undergraduate (senior) or Graduate student in business or public administration or related fields
- Knowledge of Google, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and social media platforms
- Additional language knowledge is a plus
- Ability to understand diverse interests through coalition building, community relations, and advocacy.
- Comfortable and sensitive in working with diverse cultures and communities.
- Self-starter who is outgoing, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude, as well as good judgment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail; ability to multitask.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, confidence, and diplomacy.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Amy Wayne by phone (303) 866-2471 or email email@example.com at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
HOW TO APPLY: Online applications will not be accepted. Please follow instructions on the job announcement for submitting an application.
IF NOT APPLYING ON-LINE, SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references in one document to The Office of Economic Development and International Trade by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MBO Intern” by March 22, 2019. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of each resume and are unable to give status updates. If a strong match is found between your qualifications and the requirements of the position, a member of the recruiting staff will contact you to further discuss the internship opportunity.
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
METHODS OF APPOINTMENT: This position is not part of the classified state personnel system.