Rosy, I want you thank you and your staff for a most awesome and rewarding experience while attending my classes for the LEADING EDGE program.
I thoroughly enjoyed each class as the instructors were informative and helpful. Their knowledge and expertise has been extremely helpful
for our company and my clients. I learned a lot and the classes will save my company a lot of money and heartache. I have scheduled my
meetings with the SBDC and will meet with the business librarians at the library to complete our business plan. We hope to be successful
in obtaining the grant to take our business to the next level and internationally. Please thank your staff and the board for allowing Classique,
LLC to participate in such a valuable program."
- Selena Dunham, Principal | Classique, LLC
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APRIL 30, 2017
The Export Grant is a financial assistance program administered by the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT).
The program is funded by the Minority Business Office in partnership with the Colorado Small Business Development Center,
the Rocky Mountain World Trade Center Institute, and the Office of International Trade at OEDIT. The grant and training provide an educational pathway and equip small and medium-sized
minority and women-owned Colorado businesses to develop a strategic plan for export markets.
The grant application is now open. Please apply below. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2017.
- Grants under the program will be capped at $10,000 per business to cover costs associated with export projects, activities, or services
undertaken during the grant period.
- Approved applicants are required to attend the LEADING EDGE for International Opportunities class curriculum. The ten-session course provides
practical training for small businesses on all aspects of international trade. The course is available in-person or via recorded webinar
and will instruct attendees on the nuts and bolts of international trade and business transactions. Completion of the course will provide
participant businesses with certification to the NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) as part of the grant and World Trade Center of Denver annual membership and WTC Annual Meeting. The value to attendees for the classes,
WTC membership, and NASBITE certification will be covered by the Colorado SBDC.
- The Office of International Trade is aiding in the selection of grant awardees as well as providing subsequent local and international
consulting to the recipients of the grant.
- Each grant recipient will receive the amount determined by OEDIT. Proof of expenditures will be required to be submitted to the Minority
Business Office (i.e. proof of payment, receipts, and bank/credit card statements).
- A mid-year progress report and a final report will need to be filed with the Minority Business Office through the grant cycle.
- Company employees less than 100 employees globally
- Company is headquartered in Colorado or at least 50% of its employees are based in Colorado
- Company is registered and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Company ownership is 51% minority, veteran or women-owned, who have primary responsibility for managing day-to-day operations
Eligible Export Projects, Activities or Services Covered by Program
Grant proceeds may be used for specific international business development and marketing projects, activities or services. These costs may include,
but are not limited to:
- Client development activities
- Roundtrip, economy-class airfare to a foreign market for up to three individuals as necessary and as warranted by the anticipated economic
benefit of the trip
- Roundtrip, economy-class airfare for a foreign company to come to Colorado to further develop an already existing business relationship
with a local Colorado company. Roundtrip airfare will be provided for up to two individuals from the foreign company as necessary and
as warranted by the anticipated economic benefit of the trip.
- Lodging for up to seven nights for up to three representatives of the participant in the foreign market or their potential buyer/partner
in Colorado. Funds will cover standard-room charges and cannot cover suites or similar lodging expenses.
- Foreign trade show exhibition and conference participation costs
- OEDIT and/or U.S. Department of Commerce (“DOC”) sponsored trade missions
- Foreign business-to-business matchmaking services, including the use of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Gold Key service
- Targeted advertising in overseas industry trade publications
JOIN US FOR A FREE INFO SESSION!
February 16, 10:30-11:30 am | RSVP
(Sessions are available in-person at our downtown office or via live streaming on your computer)
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline to apply is April 30, 2017. You will be brought to the OEDIT webpage to apply. After creating an account, make sure you choose the MBO International Grant Program. Call 303-892-3840 with any questions.